Air Suspension Lift Kit

badger 12

Hello all, I have a RR Vouge 93 Classic with air suspension, after installing a long range tank found it hangs rather low & have tried to pull off the torsion bar under the tank on one of my offroading trips,which brings me to the point, has anybody made or can you buy a lift kit for air susp. if you can what other points do you need to be aware of, longer shockers, control arms etc.

Awaitng any replies Regards Plugtop 12

Hello all, I have a RR Vouge 93 Classic with air suspension, after installing a long range tank found it hangs rather low & have tried to pull off the torsion bar under the tank on one of my offroading trips,which brings me to the point, has anybody made or can you buy a lift kit for air susp. if you can what other points do you need to be aware of, longer shockers, control arms etc.

Awaitng any replies Regards Plugtop 12

Assuming your air springs are in good condition, you can just get the ECU recalibrated so high profile is a bit higher. If the rubber bladders of your air springs are original they'll be rather rigid and shorter than they should be, so I wouldn't risk it. Raising the vehicle increases the risk of overstretching a bladder and popping it off a piston (which is a concern anyway with ageing bladders). If your bladders need replacing then use overlength ones from either AirBagMan or Arnott, then you can safely raise the truck at least half an inch.

If your car is sitting low because of the extra wieght it sounds like your compressor is worn out,as the system should rise to the correct height irrespective of load.As the seal in the compressor wears it cannot get up to the required 140psi cut off pressure - more weight needs more pressure.

If your car is sitting low because of the extra wieght it sounds like your compressor is worn out,as the system should rise to the correct height irrespective of load.As the seal in the compressor wears it cannot get up to the required 140psi cut off pressure - more weight needs more pressure.

Good point...I read it as the long range tank hangs lower than the original, but that could well have been what badger 12 meant :unsure:

Guy's the air suspension is working O.K. The tank hangs 75mm (3") lower than the original. I was thinking for the lift, of installing spacers (40-50mm/1.5-2") under the airbags, but I create the problem of adjusting the height of the control arms for the height sensors & will I need to install longer travel shockers.Any help is welcome regards Badger 12

Guy's the air suspension is working O.K. The tank hangs 75mm (3") lower than the original. I was thinking for the lift, of installing spacers (40-50mm/1.5-2") under the airbags, but I create the problem of adjusting the height of the control arms for the height sensors & will I need to install longer travel shockers.Any help is welcome regards Badger 12

As you've already worked out, just installing spacers won't help as the air suspension will still adjust itself to the same height. I really would look at recalibrating the ECU rather than doing all that work - quite aside from anything else you'll only change the high profile height that way so road handling will be unaffected. Spacers and adjusted sensors would raise all ride heights seriously degrading high speed handling and losing the main advantage of the air suspension (less compromise than a coil sprung car).

• 7 months later...

Well fella's I've done it. Manufactured 2" blocks to go under airbags, made extensions for the height sensors blocks to lower body rubbers, blocks to lower front torsion bar due to tailshaft angle, bought extensions for the shockers. Has done some beach work & tracks in tasmania (Aus) and all seems to be going well. Badger 12

• 2 weeks later...