Disco TD5 Rad and IC Assembly

Hi there,

Can anyone tell me if a discovery radiator and intercooler assembly is the same as a defender's? If not, are the radiator and intercooler themselves interchangeable?

And last of all, does anybody have a pic showing where the hoses connect as i see the TD5 has intercooler inlet and outlet on either side of the rad?

Thanks,

Martin

Guest diesel_jim

No they're different.

also, there are several different types of defender ones too....

up to '99, then post 99 (slightly thicker and the pipes are about 1/2" further apart) and the air conditioned type.

when i replaced the split one on my 110, i had a pile of old "good" ones to choose from, and i compared them all up.

it's a pain, as the disco one is about twice as thick as the defender one (thus more cooling area)

No they're different.

also, there are several different types of defender ones too....

up to '99, then post 99 (slightly thicker and the pipes are about 1/2" further apart) and the air conditioned type.

when i replaced the split one on my 110, i had a pile of old "good" ones to choose from, and i compared them all up.

it's a pain, as the disco one is about twice as thick as the defender one (thus more cooling area)

Thanks for the info chaps, I am actually looking for somthing suitable for my Mazda conversion as the rangie I took it from had a side by side rad and tdi intercooler but it was too wide to go between the wings side by side in the 90. In addition, the rad has seen better days anyway so I was thinking of using a disco td5 rad and intercooler assembly as the hose connections seem to be in good positions for the engine connections. And the added bonus of a bigger intercooler.

I guess it could be made to fit, just probably easier if it was off a 90 originally, but the mounts on my 90 would need modding anyway so maybe not!

Thanks,

Martin