Brakes are poor at low speed?

Warthog

Just had a neighbour ask me if i knew what could be wrong with his 200Tdi Disco. He carried onto describe to me that at low speed the Braking seems poor? But at higher speeds it seems O.K?

Any ideas of the top of ya heads?

Cheers

Just had a neighbour ask me if i knew what could be wrong with his 200Tdi Disco. He carried onto describe to me that at low speed the Braking seems poor? But at higher speeds it seems O.K?

Any ideas of the top of ya heads?

Cheers

Yes, had same problem on my 200tdi. Vacuum pipe from pump to servo has a T piece in, the small pipe off the T had split where it joins the T, the pipe runs behind the cylinder head where it can also get badly chaffed, it then runs off to and then through the passenger side bulkhead.

Especially bad when parking, dabbing the brake pedal empties the servo and at idle it doesn't create enough vacuum to keep up with the leak, mines an auto so it was a bloody nightmare.

Just shortened the hose on mine but it needs about 6" replaced behind the cylinder head now.