How can i make this winch into hydraulic

twizzle

my winch on my 109 is hydro converted fairey mech winch . LT 230 PTO pump 8.5 gal/min 1/2" port valve block 7gall tank (1" feed + filter to pump) 6.5 gpm reversible motor ( with leak off). the motor is off a series lr hydro winch. PRV set to 200bar. I had all the bits apart from valve block which cost me £200. Pulls well but the cable is too thick so it loses torque on the outer layers. Plasma sometime i reckon. B)

oh yeah and about £350 worth of new hp piping to plumb it up on 46 wt oil.

cheers Steveb

post-1339-1179906651_thumb.jpg

Hi , if you're running the pump off the engine it'll need to be chain drive.......although if your eng is a 4203? looks like it might be you may be able to run a pump off the timing chest....will be running all the time tho.

I haven't got any pic's of underneath-will try and get some up soon, theres not much to see ,all I did was use the end of the orig driveshaft with a uj onto pump shaft. the pump is mounted onto the n/s inner chassis rail with a nice 6mm thick bracket, with side webs.

The rest - pto/pump & valveblock is just bolt together. The PRV is set using inline pressure gauge & then locked.

cheers

Steveb

B)-->

QUOTE(steve b @ May 23 2007, 06:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi , if you're running the pump off the engine it'll need to be chain drive.......although if your eng is a 4203? looks like it might be you may be able to run a pump off the timing chest....will be running all the time tho.

I haven't got any pic's of underneath-will try and get some up soon, theres not much to see ,all I did was use the end of the orig driveshaft with a uj onto pump shaft. the pump is mounted onto the n/s inner chassis rail with a nice 6mm thick bracket, with side webs.

The rest - pto/pump & valveblock is just bolt together. The PRV is set using inline pressure gauge & then locked.

cheers

Steveb

Hopefully i will be putting power steering onto it,when i can find the parts.

Were would i find a pump to fit