Roll Cage Rear Stays

THe 80in has an internal cage fitted but prior to me buying it some muppet cut the rear stays out. Replacing them is obviously a priority to return some strength to the cage. Can't weld so will need to get someone to do that bit. At the same time I need to put in some mounts for harnesses, what's the best way to mount the harnesses to the cage, eye bolts thru the stays or welded plates?

Really want it all clear in my mind before i start so I can make sure whoever does it does what i want/need rather than their "it'll be easier/quicker/cheaper" this way.

THe 80in has an internal cage fitted but prior to me buying it some muppet cut the rear stays out. Replacing them is obviously a priority to return some strength to the cage. Can't weld so will need to get someone to do that bit. At the same time I need to put in some mounts for harnesses, what's the best way to mount the harnesses to the cage, eye bolts thru the stays or welded plates?

Really want it all clear in my mind before i start so I can make sure whoever does it does what i want/need rather than their "it'll be easier/quicker/cheaper" this way.

Have whoever Cut some large "Triangles, then "Wrap" the big side around the cage so the "pointy" end has a hole in for a harness mount, then wel onto the styays thermsleves. May have a pic somewhere as this is what I did in the old Hybrid

Nige

that makes sense, ta muchly

have agreed with 'whoever' that they'll weld it all up so now need to find some steel.

By my reckoning i need 2 lengths approx 1.5-2m of blue band and some 6mm plate, so next question - anyone have any recomendations for steel suppliers in Oswestry area, or (cheeky mode on) anyone got any going begging (cheeky mode off) :)

i'm up and down the m54 on a regular basis so along that sort of area would be a possibility

ta in advance