Fitting a Range Rover Rear Axle on a 90

Over the weekend I've had a bit of a disaster in my 90!........again!

The shock absorber mount on the off side of the rear axle has parted company with the rest of the axle. Close examination shows the axle is far rustier than I originally realised before I fitted it only a couple of months ago. I don't think repairing it is an option.

I can get my hands on another Range Rover rear axle that is in much better condition but the shock mounts are in apposing directions (ie off later model RR).

Are the shock mounts available as a part that can be welded on? If so who sells them?

I've checked the technical archive and couldn't see anything there relating to this, but I know people who have done this in the past.

Have checked with local suppliers and national suppliers websites and couldn't see anything listed.

Guest diesel_jim
I can get my hands on another Range Rover rear axle that is in much better condition but the shock mounts are in apposing directions (ie off later model RR).

opposing mounted shocks mean that it's an early axle, very early.

I think paddocks (in their 27 page advert in the comics) sell the weld on shock and trailing arm mounts.

opposing mounted shocks mean that it's an early axle, very early.

I think paddocks (in their 27 page advert in the comics) sell the weld on shock and trailing arm mounts.

can you not just move the shocker mounting on the defender chasis as they are drilled for both positions?