JATE Rings for '02 110

I recently bought a set of Genuine Parts JATE rings (Part No RRC3237) intending to fit them to the rear of my '02 110. When I offer them up it's obvious they're too wide, although they are the same as the set I have on the front. I presume it's unwise to pack them with washers, in which case does anyone know the correct part?

Thanks,

Phil.

I recently bought a set of Genuine Parts JATE rings (Part No RRC3237) intending to fit them to the rear of my '02 110. When I offer them up it's obvious they're too wide, although they are the same as the set I have on the front. I presume it's unwise to pack them with washers, in which case does anyone know the correct part?

Thanks,

Phil.

The chassis is narrower at the back of the vehicle and the JATE rings are packed with thick M10 washers - 10mm hole, 24mm outside diamenter, 2mm thick.

These washers are 'M10 Flat Washer, Form C' available from any proper fastener supplier, or they can be ordered from a Land Rover dealer as WC110061L

See pic -

post-148-1180711457_thumb.jpg

Use the existing transporter tie-down rings to fill the space or this washer WC110061L

the Jates will fit then, bolt should be just tight enough to move the jate ring by reasonable hand pressure.

Have a look here @ page 58 & 59 in .pdf format :D

jate ring RRC3237

bolt BH110281L

spacer WC110061L

nut nyloc NY110041L

You beat me to it Ralph - You must be as busy at work as I am :lol:

Paul.

Nope, I finished at 1pm today, at home now :P & only just beat you by a few minutes to the same reply :D I've down loaded the cat now so can read it offline .

Paul, Ralph, thank you both!

I'm going to need a few washers to fill the gap, I presume it's better to put some on each side rather than all on one side?

Phil.

You'll need 5mm thick washers [1 each side of chassis] as a 10mm thick each side won't fit or just use the tiedown rings as the spacer.

All sorted, got some washers and fitted the rings over the weekend, thanks for the help!

Phil.