Rocker Cover Breather P38

Philip4x4

Hello,

I noticed the other day the rubber pipe from my Plenum chamber to the L/H rocker cover had collapsed under suction. Ok I thought the breather needs cleaning/replacing. Tried to remove the old breather but it broke up inside the tube. I have removed most of the plastic but the base is still in there and is blocked up so that I cant attach the pipe without it collapsing. The car runs ok with the pipe off but somewhere the fuel system will be compensating for it and that can't be good.

Any ideas how to remove it without having to take off the rocker cover as I don't have a gasket available. I live in the depths of the mountains in central France so I cant just slip down the road and buy one.

Regards

Philip

• 2 weeks later...

I don't run a 38A V8 myself, so can't help directly.

I suggest you go to the 4.0 / 4.6 Forum on www.Rangerovers.net and search / ask there.

The Forum has too many Americans of the wrong sort, but also a good few Europeans, UK as well as France, Belgium, etc.

As you did in your first post here, drop in a reference to where you are and someone from the same Continent will probably pick up your query in a show of solidarity.

Good Luck.