"Removable" Secure Box for Rear of CSW

I'm looking for a secure box to hold my camera equipment when in transit. I'd like it to be fixed to the vehicle and lockable. Also would like to be able to fairly quickly attach/detach when I want to use rear seats (probably not too frequently).

Any ideas. I was thinking a tool box might do, if I filled it with foam material. Or I could by an aluminium flight case and drill out some fixings?

Are there mounting points in the floor of the CSW somewhere? How does the LR Gun case secure to the floor?

Any ideas welcomed.

Ta

Colin

The shotgun stowage box would be a good strong item, IIRC it's mountings attach to the floor & the bolts fit from inside the box, I'm not sure if it's designed to fit in one specific location [between wheel arches] or can be fitted to the top of the left or right wheelarch inside the loadbay, also I think it has a foam lining fdesigned for 1 or 2 shotguns, so that wouldn't work very well with a camera, be best to get the accesorries brochure from the dealers.

Have a look at Mobole Storage Systems. Not cheap but very good.

Look at the completely checker plate boxes, I'm sure you can make up a bolt system to bolt from inside the box.

The drawer isn't suitable for you because it bolts from underneath. The drawer will take a 300 f2.8 but I've not tried my 500 f4 in it.

mike

YES !! England is a free country. As long as you do as you are told.

I have one of Mobile systems "store draws in the TD5, not tried it in the 07 model yet, BUT, if you have the rear seats, on mine the wheel arch boxes are not the same, with the inner edges lower that the outer, so the store box may be too high !! but have yet to try it in yet !! :unsure: