Any solutions?

Hi Folks,

I fitted a 200tDI to my wife's 90 this weekend.

Stuck on a few bits.

1. Exhaust - either going to have to buy a Steve Parker one, unless anyone has one lying about :lol:

2. Air filter - where to mount? I've put the pas reservoir on the intercooler side of the frame.

3. Disco glow plug relay - how to wire it to the original 2.5TD setup.

Think thats it for now, appreciate your feedback.

Thanks for looking.

Dave

I didn't use a glow plug timer at all, it starts first click without any heat unlike the old lump.

Air Filter - I used a 200 tdi filter housing, laid on it's side, rear end near the washer bottle, front end near intercooler.

Fresh air intake pointed down towards the fan, turbo outlet pointed towards intercooler.

I used an L shaped bracket (actually the old radiator support bracket from my n/a rad) , bolted to inner wing, then bolted the canister to this with a single M12 bolt and a rubber bush.

It sits quite high up, as high as I could get without it touching the bonnet, so may clear your reservoir (you could always get the defender pipes which sit the reservoir on the other wing by the steering box)

I used a TDi turbo hose to connect to turbo, but it doesn't reach the canister so then extended it with some snorkel flexi hose (can buy it by the metre, £10 per m) up to the canister. Sealed it with silicon and a jubilee clip.

Then used another peice of flexi to create an intake pipe, which I pointed towards the rear of the bay to stop water getting in so easily - easy enough to route it to a snorkel then as well.

A couple of well placed cable ties prevent the hoses from fouling the fan or rubbing, it's all worked great now for several months. Easy to change the air filters too - just be carefull you give yourself clearance with the washer bottle. The L shaped bracket does allow for a little flexing and tilting when changing a filter.

Hope that helps!

:D

Much appreciated.

Hell of a run on some of those pipes. 2 Questions - where is your steering reservoir & whats your engine breather doing? (to lube the turbo obviously).

Sorry for being a pain, but need to get it right.

Cheers

Dave

Much appreciated.

Hell of a run on some of those pipes. 2 Questions - where is your steering reservoir & whats your engine breather doing? (to lube the turbo obviously).

Sorry for being a pain, but need to get it right.

Cheers

Dave

I used the TD turbo/manifolds http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=15063

I alos used the disco airbox

The breather hose is just tucked down the side - you don't really need to put it back into the air filter casing. If you're lucky a bit of oil will come out every now and then and protect your chassis.

The reservoir is tucked under the air filter, and is kind of naturally wedged in place with cable ties holding the pipework to anything solid I could find. I've got some brackets to do a more proper job when I get round to it , but it hasn't shifted yet and I've done a lot of off roading in it. Also when I get round to it I'll get the power steering pipes from a defender so I can mount it in the correct position.

It does look like there's a lot of hose in there - with more thought and shifting the washer bottle that could have been reduced, (if it's not going to go off road, you could get away without the top flexi hose) but it works well, and uses less hose than factory defender TDi's!