Those damn door springs

Disco_Dunk

I now have BOTH my Disco's with passenger doors that don't unlock with the zapper :angry: so it looks like I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and sort them out.

I've replaced the lock-spring on a rear door, but are the side doors any easier or harder?

Dunk

All the doors are identical in fiddlyness !!!!!!!!!!!

If the spring hasnt broken it could be the actuating solenoid thats playing up.

wizard

heh - not on my commercial it's not.... good old fashioned wind-up windows. No mod cons!!! :lol:

Russ...... let me know how you get on!

Cheers

Dunk

heh - not on my commercial it's not.... good old fashioned wind-up windows. No mod cons!!! :lol:

Russ...... let me know how you get on!

Cheers

Dunk

didnt manage to get the door lock springs done, no garage and lots of rain had something to do with it.

Russ

didnt manage to get the door lock springs done, no garage and lots of rain had something to do with it.

Russ

Hi Russ - no worries...... I might have a crack at one of mine this weekend (in the garage! - damn weather). Depends how I get on with taking the gearbox out first...... errr that's not a pre-requisite for the door-springs, just another job I've got on the go (synchro? what synchro???)!!! :D:o

Dunk

• 1 year later...

Hi I've done a couple of my door springs. Got them from "Disco-compatible-parts.com". Though the first one I did was on the back door, where I pinched the spring from the Child lock Lever, and used that . Remember to wire the child lock off if the spring is removed. Also spray with "Chain Lube" after fitting to avoid them rusting away in the future.