Off-road insurance??

Hi All,

I'm going on the forestry commission 4x4 drive @ Cannock on 4th Aug. They say off-road insurance essential, I've checked with my current insurers and I'm only covered for normal road use. Can anyone recommend "off-road" insurance companies? I've tried Sureterm-greenlane only, waiting for A.Flux to phone back tomorrow, any ideas guys??

Cheers, Jon

Hi All,

I'm going on the forestry commission 4x4 drive @ Cannock on 4th Aug. They say off-road insurance essential, I've checked with my current insurers and I'm only covered for normal road use. Can anyone recommend "off-road" insurance companies? I've tried Sureterm-greenlane only, waiting for A.Flux to phone back tomorrow, any ideas guys??

Cheers, Jon

Most insurance is the same unfortunately. NFU, and Land Rovers own insurance do cover genuine off-road cover. Greenlaning cover is a con, because they are public roads! all insurance has to cover minimum third party on green lanes. Some offer full comp on green lanes. NFU & Land Rover are full comp all driving, unless its a rally or speed trial. I know someone who stuffed his D3 into a tree, and did 1000's worth of damage. LR insurance paid up no questions.

IIRC there is no 'off-road' insurance, your normal insurance should cover it, if it's a forest drive then you will not be competing [as in a rally/speed trial] I've been on similar Forestry Commision drives in the Ludlow area a few years back & my normal insurance was fine, any doubt contact the organisers for more details.

4x4 forest drive

Just received the new policy doccuments for my wife's car and it excludes all the usual things (rallies, track-days, speed-trials etc) but a new one on me was '4x4 pay & play off-road events' are also excluded.

As I said, this was for my wife's car so it is irrelevent but it pays to check.

Yes Western, thats the one I'm going on!! As you can see it says off-road insurance "essential". But that doesn't mean compulsory though, does it?? I'm still waiting for Flux to get back to me, and also Firebond!! I wonder it I am covered my my "normal" insurance , under pleasure?? I've got a month to sort things so lets see.