OIL IN COOLANT

foxminer

Hello all,

some of you may have read my earlier posts and been helpful with ideas to what the prolem was.

Anyway here`s what i found out, after tearing my hair out for the last few weeks Jim Attril mentioned the o ring on the oil cooler, having done eveything else i thought i would give it it a shot. So out came the spanners again, after removing the oil cooler the o ring seemed ok but the element within the housing was extremely corroded (i think it`s ceramic). Luckily for me i had noticed a dead bottom end in my local parts shop so a cheeky offer secured a new oil cooler. After fitting the new cooler and gasket i`ve not had any fresh oil in my water and the engine oil level has remained the same. All i have to do now is a few flushes with soap powder to shift the remaining oil from my pipes (a tip from Les H ). Fingers crossed. :D:D

Tthanks to all.

FOXMINER.

Hello all,

some of you may have read my earlier posts and been helpful with ideas to what the prolem was.

Anyway here`s what i found out, after tearing my hair out for the last few weeks Jim Attril mentioned the o ring on the oil cooler, having done eveything else i thought i would give it it a shot. So out came the spanners again, after removing the oil cooler the o ring seemed ok but the element within the housing was extremely corroded (i think it`s ceramic). Luckily for me i had noticed a dead bottom end in my local parts shop so a cheeky offer secured a new oil cooler. After fitting the new cooler and gasket i`ve not had any fresh oil in my water and the engine oil level has remained the same. All i have to do now is a few flushes with soap powder to shift the remaining oil from my pipes (a tip from Les H ). Fingers crossed. :D:D

Tthanks to all.

FOXMINER.

May i also thank BOG MONSTER who also has been very helpful through out my Disco woes. :D

How much did it cost? LR want several arms and legs for one here. Which is why we try to fix things like fuel and oil coolers, or even get them locally made.

We get loverly TD5 radiators made of 100% alloy, beautiful TIG welding, for about the same price as the LR plastic thing.

How much did it cost? LR want several arms and legs for one here. Which is why we try to fix things like fuel and oil coolers, or even get them locally made.

We get loverly TD5 radiators made of 100% alloy, beautiful TIG welding, for about the same price as the LR plastic thing.

Hi Jim,

A brand new LR one will cost you £205 plus the dreaded vat over here i got mine for £80 from the mentioned shop.

There are several listed on e-blag but there are no pictures with them so i can`t be sure what it is they`re selling i did ask them to list a picture but nothing ever appeared.

Not wanting to advertise anyone i think they were called island 4x4.

Foxminer.