Switch to stop fuel in 300 Tdi?

I've been suggested a few times to put an hidden switch to stop the fuel (pump?) in the 300 Tdi.

I've been explained what to do on the phone but obviously I didn't get a clue, plus I'm 100% elecc...elect...elcktric...electrikery ignorant :blink:

Did anybody do it already so to post a visual guide (pics of what to do and where)?

:unsure:

I've been suggested a few times to put an hidden switch to stop the fuel (pump?) in the 300 Tdi.

I've been explained what to do on the phone but obviously I didn't get a clue, plus I'm 100% elecc...elect...elcktric...electrikery ignorant :blink:

Did anybody do it already so to post a visual guide (pics of what to do and where)?

not got any pics wire is just below the throttle cable on the pump (pull it off and the engine will die)

just extend the wire back into the cab somewhere put a switch on it then from the otherside of the switch

back to the pump

Do the job properly and fit an FIA battery master switch then wire it correctly.

mike

or do it properly ;) wouldnt that be a bit hard to hide ?

Well you can't see mine unles the key is in. Even then it's not easily seen.

Of course the other way is to post on here how it is done with a hidden switch. Including where the hiden switch it.

That way the toerags know where to look :ph34r:

mike

wire is just below the throttle cable on the pump

I should be lucky enough to find it then

:ph34r:

I already have a battery switch (not sure it's FIA...well I think not!),

but it seems like you can make it work with a common screwdriver...?

I should be lucky enough to find it then

:ph34r:

I already have a battery switch (not sure it's FIA...well I think not!),

but it seems like you can make it work with a common screwdriver...?

Yes Michele that is jut a battery disconnect swiitch. As you say you can do that. The engine will run on the alternator output until the alternator cries enough.

The FIA switch on the other hand is for competition and when you turn the key off, assuming that you,ve wired it correctly, the engine will stop. It is a full kill switch and can not be overridden like the other switch. This makes it very difficult for those trying to steal the vehicle.

http://www.vehicle-wiring-products.eu/VWP-...ns/battisol.php

The second one down.

mike