Spotlight wiring again!!

I am slowly making progress (a million thanks to those who have helped on the way) and am almost there but ...

How do I best thread the two wires from the engine compartment (one from main beam feed at headlight and the other which goes back to the relay) through the bulkhead and into the cab so I can get them wired up to the switch??

It looks to me as though one might get a wire alongside the loom which seems to vanish very awkwardly behind the fuel filter, but equally one could end up pushing wire forever and not seeing the end of it again :angry: .

Is there an easy way or is this another of the joys of Land Rover ownership?

Thanks

Malcy

Guest dew110CSW

Mine has a small hole in the bottom of the passenger foot well that I've traced the wire through. Failing that I'm sure an LR has 25,000 holes that you could get them into.

Blimey that was quick!

I will have a look. It did strike me there were other holes I might use - some of which are probably not meant to be there (LOL) but I am trying to repair previous bodges and so didn't really want to replace with another bodge if it can be helped.

Thanks for the suggestion though - I hadn't thought of wiring through such a long route but can easily do so.

unscrew the 4 screws attaching the main instrument pack, [1 each end on the lower face & 1 each end just to the rear of the heater/blower sliders, move the pack towards the steering wheel & unplug the speedo cable, use a straightend wire coat hanger & attach your new wires to it with inslating tape, then from the engine bay side feed this through the large grommet that the speedo cable goes through, just push enough through until you can grab the coat hanger from inside the cab, then pull it right through But keep a watch on the wires on the engine bay side don't get tangled in anything else. when your happy with the routing & the new wires are where you want them, refit the speedo cable & instrument pack.

hth :D

Guest dew110CSW

It's just how mine is for those big ones on the front, there may be better ways of doing it but it works so why bother changing it?

Hi Guys

Just to say 100% success so thank you enormously for all your help.

Got it through using a cable routing rod I use for Cat5 cables and then I was away. The only thing which was an irritation is the back of my hand is now all scraped since I could not get the speedometer cable disconnected. Haynes simply says remove but I am b*gg*r*d if I could see how to get it off - is there a trick?

Best wishes

Malcy