OT - Volvo C202 engine transplant

Raumer

Hi all,

My brother is soon going to be acquiring my dad's Volvo C202. It's in need of quite a bit of work but is generally solid. One bit that needs doing is replacing the engine as the present one is seized and is a bit on the small side. Think it's only an 1800 cc petrol car lump! :) So does anyone know of any other engines that have been fitted into C202's or Laplanders or possibly C303's maybe the same. We know that the 2.3 volvo lump will fit in without any mods but were wondering about something like an Isuzu 2.8 or daihatsu etc....... The vehicle will be used for a bit of towing and off-road playing.

Ed

Volvo diesels are incredibly difficult to find!

Any details on fitting the 200/300tdi's? My brother is confident of refabricating mountings etc... just helps if someone has already been there and can give us some pointers! :)

Not sure what type the gearbox is, although we do have a workshop manual for it so will check up.

Thanks

Ed

Volvo diesels are incredibly difficult to find!

Any details on fitting the 200/300tdi's? My brother is confident of refabricating mountings etc... just helps if someone has already been there and can give us some pointers! :)

Not sure what type the gearbox is, although we do have a workshop manual for it so will check up.

Thanks

Ed

CosZuki or Holst will be the best guys for pics - Holsts dad is doing a conversion at the mo. I'll ping him a text and ask for ya

CosZuki or Holst will be the best guys for pics - Holsts dad is doing a conversion at the mo. I'll ping him a text and ask for ya

jou man. i ask pictures to you, i´m still in kosovo. :ph34r:

c303 with 300tdi&auto is running now, moves really nice volvo´s big ass. ;)

you gayboy - stop sunbathing and telling everyone your a rufty tufty soldier, can you ask James to go and take some pics of Rejos bubble bus and post them up?

when are you back in the Fin anyway? you coming to get your ass kicked at Warn? or too busy washing your hair and looking at fashion magazines? :P

Photos would be superb. The other thought my brother had was to try the 3 litre straight six that they fitted to the 960 and I think the C303? Very powerful with a few tweaks but it is a bit long and runs on some funny fuel that needs a spark! :ph34r::blink::lol: Plan will be to take the body off and start a long restoration! Wife wants him to get the house done up as well! :lol:

I have to find my way to Rejo's place just shortly so shall endeavour to capture some of the work, also i here about the planting of merc TD lump is good practice. no such grand plans for me am afraid i think i stay with sparks and stuff! although have heard about a popular use of Nos in sweden?

Photos would be superb. The other thought my brother had was to try the 3 litre straight six that they fitted to the 960 and I think the C303?

If you got the B6304 engine (Volvo 3lt 960 204 bhp) try and find a lump dated 95 on, earlier ones were know for cracked blocks, (r/hand side, about 2 inc down from the top of the block !!!)

I think he's decided to go for the simplicity of a diesel now. Shame as the 960 lump is a bit special, not 204 bhp but a bit over the 300+ mark! :ph34r::D Lovely lightweight engine but too many electronics and it is very long!

All info much appreciated. Spoke to my brother last night and he was very impressed at the speed of answers and help on this forum.

Ed