Articulation

ltwt1981

prefer a solid sealing face than only at one point, hopefully maximise the possiblities of what little oil retention I can achieve ;)

Come on its a series gearbox - its designed to leak!!!!

Bear in mind also that this is stuck on with RTV sealant anyway theres no gasket so it doesnt need to be flat. Mine only welded up at the end and doesnt leak.

Jon

so now we've completely deviated off topic, i'm thinkin of startin a new thread for everyone to follow on how to mate a lt77 to ser t/box. when the project is complete it can be edited and moved to the tech archives

No keep this one going - see how completely off topic we can get it.........

And anyway - you havnt mentioned seals yet...........urgh urgh!

Anyone for fish???

Thanks Rob! I need to get my truck moved really!

Cheers

Jon

no probs, shall be phoning him up tomo to see if it's been done ;)

rob,

u down this way before the weekend?

possibly thursday night

and add the possbility of distortin the mating face more, come on rob, think it through

I would hope he doesn't distort his jobs as he welds parts for multi million pound jet fighters ;)

distortion is a natural part of welding, its done with heat u know ;)

there r certain ways to minimise the effects of welding, heatsinks, blocking pastes etc but the easiest way is not to put on unnecessary welding, ie heat if u dont have to.

distortion is a natural part of welding, its done with heat u know ;)

there r certain ways to minimise the effects of welding, heatsinks, blocking pastes etc but the easiest way is not to put on unnecessary welding, ie heat if u dont have to.

Distortion is also available via a wide selection of knocking tools, which Mr. JW has lots of ;)

We have a job at this moment that requires a reciever pod being welded up with a 50mm dia tube fitted with a mounting bracket on the top for 100mm length of weld on both sides (saddle type fitting), the inside is cylindrical for a tube tray to slide in with O ring fittings both ends as the item is dunked in the sea after each mission until the system is collected via a helicopter and fishing net. Expected distortion is in the thousandths of an inch, a big slab like the transfer case he is expecting to achieve the same ;)