Wire Colour on ignition

Can someone tell me the colour(s) wire I need to tap into to install a switch so that when the ignition ket is turned on my 110 the starter just turns but it never fires up? I did this on my 90 but can't remember what I tapped into.

Appreciate it could be a sensitive question so please PM if you want to.

Thanks

Gavin

you want the wire that runs to the stop solenoid, it's the thin white wire that dissapears off through the bulkhead. trace it back from the solenoid to be sure you've got the right one.

Thanks for the reply. I've traced the wire from the stop solenoid (a black one in my case) but it goes into a load of bundled/hidden wires and then off to the bulkhead. I had the instrument panel off and looked on the back of the ignition switch and I have the following wires

Thick brown

Thick White

small red/white

small orange/white

Should point out my 110 has the factory immobiliser thing around the barrel....

You cant do it, unless you have a very hefty relay. I dont know the exact max current but it must be over 50A

It would be in the White line.

Brown is a permanent (unfused) live

White is the switched (Unfused) live

red/white is the starter relay feed

white/orange is the accesory feed

surely better to interupt the starte or fuel pump, no?

You cant do it, unless you have a very hefty relay. I dont know the exact max current but it must be over 50A

It would be in the White line.

Brown is a permanent (unfused) live

White is the switched (Unfused) live

red/white is the starter relay feed

white/orange is the accesory feed

surely better to interupt the starte or fuel pump, no?

I really don't mind what I do as long as I can stop either of the with the use of a hidden rocker switch. From memory when I did my 200tdi, I tapped into the white/blue on the back of the ignition switch but the 300tdi is different.

Has anyone done or can they supply some instructions. I don't want to fit a FIA battery isolator as what with the alarm, will get complicated.