Brittle plastic parts

chrispy

Morning,

went to replace the breather pipes from the flame trap to the plenum / throttle body this weekend. As I pulled the short bit of hose going into the throttle body off, the plastic T-piece snapped. I did manage to effect a temporary fix using super glue and a bit of silicone, but the slightest bump in the road will almost certainly snap the T-piece again.

Sooooo, I was wondering if anyone out there might have a spare T-piece (happy to part with beer tokens if you have) or if anyone can tell me the part number. I could also really do with a replacement for the small hose that goes from the T-piece into the plenum at the front right.

Oh and it's a 1992 3.9 Vogue SE...

Cheers,

Chris

Would an aquarium place have something suitable?

Get the correct part, trust me.

I broke mine a while back and fashioned a replacement from what I could lay my hands on. What I didn't realise was that there is a restrictor in the t-piece to restrict the air flow back into the intake. The motor raced fairly badly and was not happy until the proper part was refitted. You are effectively installing an air leak.

The part number (assuming we are talking about a 3.9 hotwire) is ERR4765

Get the correct part, trust me.

I broke mine a while back and fashioned a replacement from what I could lay my hands on. What I didn't realise was that there is a restrictor in the t-piece to restrict the air flow back into the intake. The motor raced fairly badly and was not happy until the proper part was refitted. You are effectively installing an air leak.

The part number (assuming we are talking about a 3.9 hotwire) is ERR4765

Thanks for that, parts now ordered from Rimmer Bros (they were the first to reply to my numerous emails to suppliers)

:)