Need to replace injector pump on 2.5na

xyra

Hi,

I've got a 1986 landrover 90 with a leaking diesel injector pump. I've picked up a second hand reconditioned injector pump (from someone who had it reconned then sold his landy before he fitted it)

I need to fit it, but not sure how to go about it/what tools I need. I've done most other tasks on the vehicle but not ventured near the cambelt/pump area. It did have it's cambelt replaced about 5000 miles ago so hopefully things shouldn't be to tight. I've got all the gaskets I think I need, but not got any pullers/pins and would like to do this on a reasonable budget I already have the front of the vehicle off as i resoldered the radiator ad don't want to put it back on just to pay a garage to take it off again!

Any info (or if anyone knows of a jobbing mechanic in south hampshire who can come and do it) would be great...

Graham

Sounds good.

Does it need any special tools? The workshop manuals talk about pullers and pins for the crank shaft - can I improvise with something else and diy pullers?

If so I will give it a go after you post the thread.

Edit: what size socket do I need to obtain to undo the crank shaft bolt?