interior light switch help please?

Can anyone help me with a wiring problem i have on my 1986 90. I bough a new loom from auosparks and i have a feeling that they wired the white connector block that fits the lights switch thats located besides the hazards switch. The problem is that when i turn on the headlights the dash doesnt illuminate, it only ilumites when i run a wire directly from the purple live feed to the red/white wire.

the wires are in teh following order on the connecting block:

Purple - Purple/White - Red/White - Red

can anyone take a look to copare or even better take a pic for me?

Thanks

Colin

IIRC the interior light switch has 3 positions, it switches the interior light earth/ground wire not the live feed.

top of switch in [same as hazard switch off position] should give interior light off & gauge light/sidelights on

centre position should be interior light on & sidelights/gauge lights on

bottom of switch in should give interior light off & gauge lights off but sidelight on

hope that helps. recentlt fitted a new autosparksloom to my '89 110, but I'm not near it to give you a definite reply or photo. until late Friday afternoon