CHALLENGE SOUTH WEST

Rick Tarr

Hello everybody

As promised, just to let you know there will be a meeting of Challenge South West at The George, South Molton (tel 01769 572514) on Tuesday 13th November 2007 starting at 7.30pm. We will be discussing next years calendar (dates and format), insurance, and how the Club is to continue.

Any suggestions gratefully received - clean ones please :lol:

Best regards

Rick :rolleyes:

Rick , Tiz a bit far for us Brizzle boys to come down , but you have our full support for next year , Its gonna be a busy year , so lets have some dates early so as they dont clash with others .

Jase

Jase - I do appreciate that your ole motors are far too extreme (or broken) to manage motorways - much better in the mud stuff :rolleyes: . The Ireland trip looked brilliant - not worth missing Ruggaton for - but good nonetheless. Got any suggestions for next year as to the format you might like (for example - just a couple of 2-dayers or an event every month?) Hope to see you down here sometime regards Rick

Rick do you know when your dates are coming out? mine are out (i can email them) and will with luck be going on the website this weekend (if my webman gets 2mins to do it!!) no point in us clashing.

as a guide i am doing one every other month starting last weekend in Feb.

Rick do you know when your dates are coming out? mine are out (i can email them) and will with luck be going on the website this weekend (if my webman gets 2mins to do it!!) no point in us clashing.

Hi James

Can you email your list to me (rick@challengesouthwest.co.uk) or bring it with you for the pub meeting so we can make sure there are no clashes. Great stuff...

Best regards

Rick

James I just had a look at your website (4x4 Adventures - right?). I see that all your winch/punch events are on Saturdays next year. Did you mean this or is my machine (or me) going mad? <_<

So any news Rick? do we have a 2008 calender of events ? I have heard good things of your new formats .

erm - no decisions last night but I do know there are no more events set up for Nov. There may be a Mission Impossible at the end of December but due to its nature the numbers will be very very limited. So it's on to the New Year and we hope to have a variety of challenges - not just the 'new' format but also the old depending on the best use of the site.

Last night was full of interesting discussion and feedback, and I do think that we have a lot of people down here with some good ideas. I'm hopeful that next year looks bright (I've re-organised the insurance anyway).

We've had a year 'off' from membership charges, but the kitty is now empty so next year we are going back to club subscriptions. They won't be high but will give members sufficient event discounts so that competing in two events will pay for the membership. Membership also makes people feel a part of the club. Sound good?

Rick

Membership that pays for itself in two events sounds ideal, much more planned after we left? will let you know ref Msn Impossible when date is confirmed.

I think that most of the discussion happened before you went - we didn't talk about you (much) after you went :lol:

Anyway, it was great to have the helpful input from your goodselves and as I say with any luck we'll get it all together for next year. Nigel, me and Chris are hoping to get a calendar planned soon. Rick