Snap on nut runner

alan kemp

I have a Snap On nut runner which get little use compared to what a proffessional mechanic would use it for. The date on the batteries is Sep 06. Both failed to charge last week for no apparent reason, both were fine and were charging fully prior to the fail. Tried my mates charger and tried his batteries in my charger to prove the charger is OK.

The light flashes when inserting the battery which means the battery is faulty, too hot or too cold. Tried it in different temperatures, leaving it on over the weekend etc.

Synically, I would suggest thre as a micro chip that waits until the batteries are out of warrenty then turns them off so I have to buy new ones from Snap On. :angry: Batteries are not covered by the Snap On lifetime warrenty.

Any idea's where I can buy some from without paying the high price of Snap On??

Look for a battery number, then both Google and ebay search on that battery number.

I was amazed at how 'common' the special Toshiba battery was for my still camera. Apparently used by lot's of kit from lots of different manufacturers.

I'm not familiar with the Snap-on Nut Runner, but you may not be as lucky as I was, as these 12 or 18v batteries tend to be assembled from cells welded together, so it's tricky to buy the individual cells and build your own.

I did 'build my own' when I needed a replacement battery for a Makita drill, but I soon saw the error of my ways and bought an open market replacement.

HTH

PS, If you do buy a replacement that is not Snap-on branded, assume you will end up buying directly from Hong Kong or China. The branded part will still have come from Asia, but just not as directly.