Boot side panels - DIY job?

stuntman

Hello everyone, I know ALOT of people (most disco owners) have done their boot floor, my question is:

I need to replace most of the side panels, has anyone just plated these up or manufactured their own, I know I may sound like a skin flint but at £35+vat each, I feel they add alot to the overall bill for the repairs.

any response appreciated

Andi K

I am resigned to buying the cross members and floor section :evil:

patches work for me, and my MOT inspector!, I am prepared to be corrected but I dont believe the boot floor is structural except for within 300mm (1foot), of a seatbelt anchor, so if you don't have dickie seats fitted, its not a problem.

If your keeping the soundproofing and carpet, a patch wont even show.

since floor is not load bearing and structural, stuck mine in with sikkaflex and stainless self tappers, no problems, no drumming, left out the crappy cross bits too . Sealt belts are anchored through the floor not to it , worst bit was getting these off and replacing Nylocs. plenty of Waxoyl sprayed on and no MoT problem for 3 years now. :lol: