Ladoga 2008

dollythelw

Well it seems i shall be warming up with a further two trips into the motherland on Safari with In Team again, once in spring and again in May!! only a few weeks before Ladoga! Some new parts of the Zuk arriving on monday i hope and winch being fitted soon also! Light Zuk becomes fat zuk :(

Well it seems i shall be warming up with a further two trips into the motherland on Safari with In Team again, once in spring and again in May!! only a few weeks before Ladoga! Some new parts of the Zuk arriving on monday i hope and winch being fitted soon also! Light Zuk becomes fat zuk :(

Yas Git skirtmonkey, I gonna bail to Moab just to p*ss you off :lol:

Good luck for 2009 Dom

• 2 months later...

Hello, Gentlemen! :rolleyes:

Seems to me there are some folks seriously considering appearance in Russian Karelia woods.

Could it be we've met w some of u there last year...?

Would be good to know, as good company could serve as better motivation to make a "go" decision this year. ;)

So - anybody been there last year? & perhaps recognizing my profile pic? :P

P.S. if I can help somehow w regs translation, etc. - don't hesitate 2 ask - Russian 4 me is just little forgotten in speech (some vodka usually removes this obstacle), but no reading probs at all!

Hi Rednex - you'd probably remember us, we all had hawaiian flowers round our necks 24/7 last year :lol:

Well - loox somewhat familiar, but not sure...

We ran into couple of guys from your island who were trying to do TR1 in non-modified Series; had some difficulties, and - to my knowledge - did not finish any of SSs. :(

But - if I'm not mistaken - we had some drinx at your camp on last night before going to official party, where I got my head painted as seen on my pic in profile... :lol:

Or could it be so that there were several companies from UK there...?

Poka Rednex :)

Too many people and cars to remember !! :lol:

This was our team in Ladoga 2007

Petal - PROTO CLASS (Jez & Kim)

2007-06-02-07h40m42.jpg

2007-06-03-17h55m03.jpg

2007-06-07-21h52m51.jpg

Range Rover - TR1 CLASS - (Dan & Charlotte)

IMG_7202.jpg

2007-06-03-07h47m32.jpg

IMG_7197.jpg

Mitsubishi - TOURIST CLASS - (Benny & Leo)

2007-06-05-18h59m41.jpg

2007-06-09-15h33m44.jpg

2007-06-02-06h31m49.jpg

SUPPORT CARS

2007-06-02-16h36m26.jpg

IMG_7115.jpg

2007-05-30-11h36m01.jpg

We had fun :i-m_so_happy:

FF - I have appointed you as a tow vehicle ;) at the mo.....

Mine wil be the foodie, cokie, tenty car (once its build - I have allocated a weekend for it :lol: )

All at the mo ..... as ussual no plans...... :ph34r:

Zuz

Hi rednex

Were you the Raid team that drove us around the campsite in a suzuki on the night of the party?

We were the raid team with the orange Landrover 90, green Volvo C303 and a white Landcruiser.

Our friends ( Ade and Crazy Paul) were in TR1 with the grey series 3

post-3984-1204139063_thumb.jpgpost-3984-1204139099_thumb.jpgpost-3984-1204139789_thumb.jpgpost-3984-1204139943_thumb.jpg

We met another team from Riga who made me drink far too much Riga Black Balsam :o in return for a crankshaft seal, do you know they are?

Hi rednex

....Our friends ( Ade and Crazy Paul) were in TR1 with the grey series 3

We met another team from Riga who made me drink far too much Riga Black Balsam :o in return for a crankshaft seal, do you know they are?

Now, Ade & Paul are the guys I was talking about in my prev post.

We ourselves were driving red Def 90 w white top in tourist category - c da visual.

post-7675-1204220301_thumb.jpg

"too much Riga Black Balsam" was what happened on last night - it got mixed w vodka, and result was, well....hard to remeber....? :(

That was when I got this:

post-7675-1204220423_thumb.jpg

Balsam was brought by LV team driving in Proto w their self-built ride on self-built portal axles:

post-7675-1204221674_thumb.jpg

The guy from that team painted my head while we were in extremely serious discussion w someone from Albion I can not particularly recall now ... :o

If you look carefully in the last pic u'll notice watermark saying Macsport4x4. I found that pic of mine accidentally on their site.

Happen to know those guys?

I do recall NL folks - we and them were only ones "wearing" mud traps on sides of cars. We had a chat w them at one of SSs. My regards to them! ;)

So - getting back to subj:

who's planning to go there this year? :unsure:

I promise - not _too much_ Riga Balsam this time! :P