95 300tdi not revving!!!

rung and sorted

Hello to you all.

I'm having a few problems with my 300tdi disco, the motor starts on the button without fail but it wont pick up any rev's, I've changed the fuel filter housing and eliminated the fuel pipes but not sure what to check next.....

can somebody please point me in the right direction before i put it into the garage for repair!!1

Many thanks with any help.

Paul

(My everyday motor) disco 300tdi

(my toy) 90 200 tdi

(wifes Car) skoda octavia vrs..... ( She is a woman whom like to drive everywhere Fast!!!! )

Hi folks,

Have been looking at the forum for a while trying to get my first discovery sorted, but this is my first post!

Its a 300tdi which wouldnt rev over 2500 when i bought it.

It still doesnt rev too freely until well warmed up but I found a big change after the following,

replaced fuel lift pump

replaced fuel filter

replaced air filter

cleaned out intercooler (it was full of ali oxide)

checked all hoses/connections.

replaced sender pump and replaced fuel lines and sedimentor

I plan to adjust the off boost fuelling slightly and move the wastegate actuating hose from the turbo to a fitting screwed into the threaded hole on the the rear of the inlet manifold.

I'm going to give my throttle linkages and cable a good going over too. (for some reason my 200tdi 127 seems to rev much more freely.)

Wes