Windscreen rubber trim loose.

Mikey

The drivers side windscreen upright rubber strip has fallen off my Series 1 Disco. I notice that it is attached by some sort of double sided sticky strip. Is it advisable to try to get hold of some of this stuff and re-attache it myself, or best to leave it in the hands of a windscreen fitter to ensure a water tight fit?

btw I was doing about 70 on a motorway when the strip fell off, fortunately it wedged itself onto the door mirror so I managed to open the window and retrieve it before it fall off onto the road.

I doubt you will get it back on unless you don't mind it looking horrible. The strips on the top and sides of the bonded windscreens have to be attached (clipped on) to the glass before the glass is glued in, you can't fit them properly once the glass is glued into the vehicle because at work we have had to take them off to rectify leaking screens and the only thing you can do (apart from change the screen £££££££ you always break them removing them) is to cut off the bit that clips inside the glass and bodge it back on with black silicone or something, if you try and hammer it back in you will either break the glass or bugger up the strip. The good news is that it isn't necessary to make the vehicle watertight so that bit isn't important :D