Questions

Right, here we go.

As most of you know my 110 is fitted with a 3 speed auto. It was, am I led to believe one of 10-12 that were converted for Southern Electric board. It’s never been fast 60 tops, nor will it ever be as it’s a LR. It was fitted with the 200TDi by the last owner.

Here lies the problem, as it’s an auto most things that go with the auto box are custom made. So I am thinking of changing it back to a manual. In the name of more speed (not a lot) as it is not good on hills. Also it will be easier to get parts for.

I have never got the winch to work with enough power as it should, it will pull 2.5T and that’s it. It’s a hydraulic pto driven Superwinch 525. So thats coming off as well.

So here are the questions,

1, How much would the winch be worth?

2, How much for parts to convert back to a manual? (will need clutch master cylinder and peddle as well).

3, How much would the 3 speed auto box, with all bits be worth?

4, How much is the conversion plate worth?

5, Should I do it or not?

Paul

you say its not working as it should, it would fetch more if you could get any problems rectified before you take it off...

2, How much for parts to convert back to a manual? (will need clutch master cylinder and peddle as well).

I am breaking an ex Mod 110 which has the gearbox and all other bits still in situ - yours for £170.00 (or would swap for winchy)

there (IMHO) does not seem to be the market for the 3 speeds, so unless your looking at someone who has a similar box for spares...

as above

personally, I consider getting prices for what the vehicle as a whole would be worth, then you can balance if its worth changing or buying a manual....

you say its not working as it should, it would fetch more if you could get any problems rectified before you take it off...

I am breaking an ex Mod 110 which has the gearbox and all other bits still in situ - yours for £170.00 (or would swap for winchy)

there (IMHO) does not seem to be the market for the 3 speeds, so unless your looking at someone who has a similar box for spares...

as above

personally, I consider getting prices for what the vehicle as a whole would be worth, then you can balance if its worth changing or buying a manual....

Thanks for that.

The winch works, but needs thePRV setting higher to get it pulling more. Just finding someone to do it.

Do you have the transfer box as well? Is it a 1.6? I may take you up on the offer.

Need to do some thinking first.

Paul

Do you have the transfer box as well? Is it a 1.6? I may take you up on the offer.

I do have the transfer box, but not sure what the ratio is, its an NAD so great if you need bigger tyres.

PM me if you need more details or want my mail address/phone number

Will do as soon as I decide what I am doing. Do you have the props aswell?

Paul

Paul,

Just after Billing, you asked about changing the engine to better suit your auto. You were insistent that the auto MUST stay, but a load of us gave you advice at that time on various options. You could re-visit those posts.

What's changed to make you alter what you want?

just trying to get my head around how a PTO driven winch would work with a porridge box......

wouldnt it be changing up and down the gears in the auto box all over the place depending on the load on the winch, and how yould you get a constant speed / power to it?

confused.

Paul,

Just after Billing, you asked about changing the engine to better suit your auto. You were insistent that the auto MUST stay, but a load of us gave you advice at that time on various options. You could re-visit those posts.

What's changed to make you alter what you want?

Well the bits I keep breaking are the custom parts. I was going to change the engine, but after thinking about it I am still left with all the custom parts. I was offered a GM V8 diesel and kit to fit, £250.

So I have decided to its either back to a manual, all standard parts or sell it as it is.

Paul