hydraulic pump/PTO adapters

jericho

Thats it really.

Need to improve the performance of the mile marker winch,and after considering all the alternatives i think i'm going to go with a PTO driven pump.

Is there anything to choose between superwinch and maxidrive?

The superwinch PTO is limited to taking group 2 type pumps (i.e. up to about 25cc) as is the origional maxidrive adaptor,but maxidrive have more recently produced a PTO adaptor to take larger group 3 pumps - these are still available from alfred murry ltd.

A 25 cc pump will do me,I'm not looking for crazy fast,or for perfect winch speed/wheel speed match.

There is quite a difference in price,so it will be either a second hand superwinch,or new maxidrive.

I will also change the motor for a smaller capacity high pressure one.

Any comments,or useful advice?

There a selection of H14 W PTO, from around 16-biggest I recall at 32

The H14W will be a LOT Cheaper than a Alfred M one, plus the AM ones I think are "LHD" so lever without mods used to be in the passenger footwell, this may have changed.

Maxidrive units are no more, thought AM where these, again he may now be doing his own, there were to types from hi, the H14 type fit - class 2 mount and a bigger one - check for clearances,

Lastly the motor on the winch may need to be matched more to the PTO pump, within reason you can up the PTO, but the Motors have limits too :)

Nige

There a selection of H14 W PTO, from around 16-biggest I recall at 32

The H14W will be a LOT Cheaper than a Alfred M one

Nige

Thanks for that.

Yes,Parkers do a 33cc group 2 pump - a bit pricey - most manufacturers go up to 25cc.

Maxidrive ptos from alfred murry are quite a bit cheaper than superwinch - roughly maxidrive with pump = superwinch pto without.

Must do some research into motors.