Masham Day Out

Bigwood

I have booked myself in for one of Landrover Events days out as a birthday treat to myself. It,s a days green laning in the the Masham area of the Yorkshire dales on Sunday 17th of Febuary. They seem to be well organised people with an intresting callender for next year. Has any one been out with these people or are actualy going on the 17th. This will of course be my first outing in the Disco so I hope it dosn,t show me up or I dont kill it . There were four places left when I booked last weekend, maybe some one would like to join us from LR4x4. Must get stickers before I go to fly the flag so to speak. :i-m_so_happy:

:D A lot of the route they will do is in TOR this month coud save yourself a lot of dosh by going with others from here.

This lot caused a deal of issues in the Tyne valley with one of their groups when they used a farmer mates field to turn round when they found a tree down across the road. Trouble was the field was part of a Countryside stewardship scheme so said farmer would lose all the subsidy due to the damage they caused known as lets put the clog down and do some donuts !!!

Personally I find the Commercial users a pain in the bum as they constantly cause issues which backlash on all the other users.

But, if you want to pay the money that's up to you :rolleyes:

:D A lot of the route they will do is in TOR this month coud save yourself a lot of dosh by going with others from here.

This lot caused a deal of issues in the Tyne valley with one of their groups when they used a farmer mates field to turn round when they found a tree down across the road. Trouble was the field was part of a Countryside stewardship scheme so said farmer would lose all the subsidy due to the damage they caused known as lets put the clog down and do some donuts !!!

Personally I find the Commercial users a pain in the bum as they constantly cause issues which backlash on all the other users.

But, if you want to pay the money that's up to you :rolleyes:

I booked with them simply for convience. My shifts are fixed for the next year so I simply looked for the first dates I could find to try my new toy. This dosn,t mean I am only going out with them, I have some green lanes I found in a landy magazine or tryed when I had my 90 to share with you lot next year. As a Yorkshireman with very tight pockets I thought there price was reasonable and the missus aproved so it cant be too bad. :i-m_so_happy:

I booked with them simply for convience. My shifts are fixed for the next year so I simply looked for the first dates I could find to try my new toy. This dosn,t mean I am only going out with them, I have some green lanes I found in a landy magazine or tryed when I had my 90 to share with you lot next year. As a Yorkshireman with very tight pockets I thought there price was reasonable and the missus aproved so it cant be too bad. :i-m_so_happy:

Bigwood, happy that you are getting your tyres dirty. Perhaps I could suggest that for half the price of the day out, you join eithr GLASS or CRAG and then you would have access to the knowledge and the trips out for a whole year?

I don't blame anyone for going on an organised trip once, I'd really like to think that it introduces people to the delights of greenlaning and they would then follow up on that by joining a club.

Sadly there are some companies who seem quite happy to take the money but do nothing about putting back into the hobby - something that their customers will know nothing about, and I'm afraid to say, probably don't care (not aimed at you Bigwood).

I don't personally have any gripe with LRevents except the damage the numpties in his group did to my mates field, the organiser did get a bill for the repairs as we found out who it was who "organised" the event. The ones I do complain about are those that are destroying others pleasure by totally ignoring the recomendations of CRAG, GLASS, TRF etc.

The best way to go laning in my opinion is to team up with members of a Forum like this who had a superb weekend up in Cumbria where they were able to find routes that the Commecial boys do not find. They won't charge you for joining in and you will gain plenty of good friends for future.

I don't personally have any gripe with LRevents except the damage the numpties in his group did to my mates field, the organiser did get a bill for the repairs as we found out who it was who "organised" the event. The ones I do complain about are those that are destroying others pleasure by totally ignoring the recomendations of CRAG, GLASS, TRF etc.

The best way to go laning in my opinion is to team up with members of a Forum like this who had a superb weekend up in Cumbria where they were able to find routes that the Commecial boys do not find. They won't charge you for joining in and you will gain plenty of good friends for future.

I have been out with Northern Counties Green Laners members when I had my 90. This weekend will be a try and see, if the day is good value for money I will go back with them. Meanwhile I would like to try these green lanes I have found. Is there any one near me who would like to have a go. Perhaps meet first to plan things then make a date. I think I have enough for a couple of days. I have some for S Yorkshire, Lincolnshire, North Notts area. I am flexable with traveling within a reasonable distance. My boss when I was in the army said " people will follow this man out of sheer intrest alone". Be warned I could lead us all into trouble. :hysterical: