Freelander wheels

bennet

Hello all

Does anybody know the wheel details for the Freelander offset pcd etc

Also whats the widest anybody has fitted?

I dont want to go taller ie 17in 0r 18 in i want to go wider!!

I think they look awfull with the skinny wheels and i want to fit some chunky type to fill the arches out

Cheers

Hello all

Does anybody know the wheel details for the Freelander offset pcd etc

Also whats the widest anybody has fitted?

I dont want to go taller ie 17in 0r 18 in i want to go wider!!

I think they look awfull with the skinny wheels and i want to fit some chunky type to fill the arches out

Cheers

Have you considered not fitting wider wheels but spacers? This should bring the tyres out without causing you uneccesary expense?

Freelander wheels are 114.3 x 5

Biggest diameter you can go to without major modification to wheelarches or fitting lift is around 28.5"

Widest I have seen fitted standard is 225 but I am sure with spacers or offset you could get wider on.

Beware on wheel purchase

Some earlier FL wheels do not fit later models due to offset

Freelander wheels are 114.3 x 5

Biggest diameter you can go to without major modification to wheelarches or fitting lift is around 28.5"

Widest I have seen fitted standard is 225 but I am sure with spacers or offset you could get wider on.

Beware on wheel purchase

Some earlier FL wheels do not fit later models due to offset

Nothing to do with the off set there the same new to old in 16"

The early wheels don't fit only because the spokes are too big to allow for the larger calipers on the latter models. If you run spacers it doesnt matter what rims you use but would recommend 30mm over 25mm as the studs hit the alloy and you need to drill the inside of the rim.

there is more trouble if you go too wide as the spring seat will hit the tyre...

My racers run 225/75/16 which do rub the plastic inner wings the gearing is a bit high.

The Rally M-sport ones run OZ rims 15" which look very sexy

Nothing to do with the off set there the same new to old in 16"

The early wheels don't fit only because the spokes are too big to allow for the larger calipers on the latter models. If you run spacers it doesnt matter what rims you use but would recommend 30mm over 25mm as the studs hit the alloy and you need to drill the inside of the rim.

there is more trouble if you go too wide as the spring seat will hit the tyre...

My racers run 225/75/16 which do rub the plastic inner wings the gearing is a bit high.

The Rally M-sport ones run OZ rims 15" which look very sexy

Stand corrected on offset ;) was what I was told when looking for replacement wheels

Which spacers did (or do) you run or recommend Jules?

Stand corrected on offset ;) was what I was told when looking for replacement wheels

Which spacers did (or do) you run or recommend Jules?

:)

Bearmach do both 25mm and 30mm

spacing the wheels off can (not always) make the tyre very close to the wheel arch / foot wells when turning. it a pain but not structurally damaging