Fuel Burning Heater

GGS

The FBH on my 03 Freelander HSE makes a constant humming noise when the engine is running regardless of coolant or external air temperature. Is this normal?

On the older models it should stop after the engine has bean at normal running temperature for a good few minuets.

this could be as long as 20mins from start up depending on ambient temperature.

Thanks!

Any idea how to disconnect the FDH completely without removing the front bumper to gain access to the multi-plug? I'm told Fuse 5 Link 1 (under bonnet fuse box) powers the unit but on my Freelander this is designated engine management?

• 3 weeks later...
The FBH on my 03 Freelander HSE makes a constant humming noise when the engine is running regardless of coolant or external air temperature. Is this normal?

Is there hot gas coming out of the FBH exhaust pipe under the front wing? Mine stps after a little while but I can still hear a fan going in that corner even after switching everything off and locking up, it can last for some time.

Dennis