Hungerford Lane, Shropshire

treebloke

when i last drove this the day after we did that winch challenge in broseley last month, as we approached the farm end, the farmer came out hurling abuse at us, and telling us rudely to leave. i also remember reading something afterwards on way-finder, that the farmer had an argument with some other laners, saying that the council was giving him greif about the mud on the road at the end of there! So in my opinion i would say he is deliberatly blocking it!

Edited by GBMUD
Removal of foul language

just found this on wayfinder, this is going back to april 06 but:

Farmer at the northern end is getting grief off the CC about mud on the road so he's not happy with 4x4's dropping mud he gets blamed for! We're trying to sort something with the CC to stop this

Farmer at the northern end is getting grief off the CC about mud on the road so he's not happy with 4x4's dropping mud he gets blamed for!

Blimey, fancy that!

A farmer getting blamed for making a mess of something that 4x4's did.

Now that's a turn around.

Guest mortus

I'm completely on the farmers side.

being one myself.

i can see how irritating it must be having the council on your back...

i mean, we have people ask us to clean mud off the road when our cows walk down it, if you actually knew your law, you'd realise that cows are higher up on the road priority list. so we don't have to clean up :)