O/T What trailer?

Paul64

I can only imagine that it would be due to the larger diameter of the wheels pushing axles further apart. This would lead to the suspension and braking components being non standard to the company parts bin.

Twin axles usually require the suspension to be linked to share the load equally between axles and with leaf springs this is usually a balance beam between the back end of the front spring and the front end of the back spring. The company's existing spring lengths would not then allow larger wheel and tyre diameters to be fitted in this format and so longer springs would need to be stocked together with longer brake cables or rods and longer mud guards, etc.

I have seen plant trailers that do run twin axles with Land Rover pattern trailers but they have been very old.

Thanks for the information, and well explained for the non-initiated like me.

Cheers,

Paul

I never intended to imply that Landy wheels were availiable on twin axle trailers. Both the GD64 & 84G are single axle trailers. Both are less than 300kg empty but gross at 1500kg so thats a 1200Kg payload.

Now you've got me wondering whether I am going overboard with a more expensive twin axle when the GD84G can carry 1200kg. Got to have a serious think about this because costs are mounting and I've still got to get my winch and bumper sorted too.

Cheers,

Paul

Hi Paul

I have a 8x5 general purpose Ifor williams I am going to sell soon or trade in for a larger trailer (need a 12 by 6.6). Looking for £850. Its about 15 years old but has probably done less than 2000 miles in total as it only ever goes to town and back. 2 tonne rating, 5 tyres as new. Its been kept outside so obviously the bed has deteriorated a bit but its otherwise in very good shape.

Ifor williams cattle trailers generally have LR pattern wheels but these are outside the body of the trailer so the size doesn't mater so much.

I also have a small single axle 1.2 tonne traile with roof from CLH trailers in Carmathen. It really does tow like a dream too . They can make a trailer to any spec you require.

Hi Paul

I have a 8x5 general purpose Ifor williams I am going to sell soon or trade in for a larger trailer (need a 12 by 6.6). Looking for £850. Its about 15 years old but has probably done less than 2000 miles in total as it only ever goes to town and back. 2 tonne rating, 5 tyres as new. Its been kept outside so obviously the bed has deteriorated a bit but its otherwise in very good shape.

Ifor williams cattle trailers generally have LR pattern wheels but these are outside the body of the trailer so the size doesn't mater so much.

I also have a small single axle 1.2 tonne traile with roof from CLH trailers in Carmathen. It really does tow like a dream too . They can make a trailer to any spec you require.

Thanks for the info. I have sent you a PM

Sort of OT, Paul, but I thought you when I found this while looking for images of trailers. Made me laugh. I expect yours will be better attached then this one.

Big fith wheel camping trailer!

:D

Thanks for this! Although I'm not sure I should feel flattered that you thought of me when looking at Bubba's redneck trailer from Utah! LOL :D