Imperial fixings

mike4444244

Hi

Before i head off to the local fixings place could anyone tell me common imperial sizes on series 3s? i like to keep a stock of bolts and set screws in and i have all lengths of M6-M12 but no imperial sizes, I'm guessing i that its all UNF? or BSF? so am i basically looking to get 1/4, 7/16, 3/8 to cover most applications? I realise that suspension axles etc will have bigger sizes but it would be very spendy to buy in a bag of them!

Thanks

Mike

I rebuilt my series 2a with mostly 1/4" UNF and 5/16" UNF, and kept stock of 3/4" and 1" length machine screws (ie threaded all the way). BZP is the way to go...

I also kept a good stock of full nuts and nyloks for both sizes, and plenty of washers and spring washers! I am sure you know that tho...

The IIa I tried to feep pretty much orignal, hence using UNF rather than metric.

3/8" are only used on the prop shafts from memory, and are not especially common enough to keep in stock...

Anyway, They are the two sizes I used most...

hth

Mark

just checked, it has those plates with 2 nuts fixed to them, like on my defender, probably if its different its because its a very late series 3 from 1984? TBH i'll probably just remove them and stick a nut on each bolt, its not like i regularly take the tub off :)

Mike