Reverse light not working...

Hi there,

I'm just completing the wiring on my project 90 and I can't get the reverse lighht working. There seems to be no power getting to trhe light.

I have checked the resistance across the switch and it is infinite with the vehicle both in and out of reverse. I'm assuming the resistance should be low when in reverse and that my switch is knackered. Can anyone confirm this please before I buy a new switch or make any other suggestions.

Cheers,

MArtin

Correct.

You probably just need to adjust the switch, if it's new. you should be able to screw it in a few turns to get it to close properly, not too far as it'll stop you selective reverse properly. The ultimate test would be to remove it and push it in yourself.

Luke

as Luke suggest, take the switch out so you can check it's plunger operation by hand & visually, when you refit it or a replacement,

put the vehicle in reverse, screw in switch until it lights the reverse light(s) then take the gearbox out of reverse & screw the switch in another 1/2 half a turn [180 degrees] run down the locknut & tighten, then recheck the operation of the reverse lights, all should be working & happy :D