salisbury axle

alfredenewman

i have found a pair of lr axles with coil spring mounts and are complete with radius arms and a frame the rear is a salisbury will they bolt straight on to my rrc bob irun 35s so the loss of diff clearance not to much of a prob will the dif ratios be lower than rrc they are going to be cheap so i must buy them any way what do you reconcheers merrick

Will bolt straight on except you will need a shorter prop and probably have to change the spring seats as the axle was probably originally on a 110.

The drum brakes will want replacing with discs too - you can get parts pretty cheaply so the wise ones on here say.

...but the drum brake axles are NOT so easy to convert to discs!

The rest of the swap is pretty straight as described above

Peter

there's a few 'how to's' in the tech archive i believe. they didn't make it out to be too much of a hassle if using the genuine parts brackets.

there's a few 'how to's' in the tech archive i believe. they didn't make it out to be too much of a hassle if using the genuine parts brackets.

got both axles for nought pence what a result ordered the brackets and think ive got all the hub etc. might go to an an arb as it only cost the brackets and gaskets so far thank for the advice will post the results cheers merrick