Brake Lights

Just a quick query with brake lights...are they designed to operate independently of each other? i.e if the RHS bulb has blown will teh LHS still continue to function. The reason I ask is that if one of the indicator bulbs is blown, the indicators on one side don't work...

If a brake light bulb has gone, the other will still work. If the fuse has blown, neither will work as there is only one fuse.

If an indicator bulb has blown the others on the same side will work but much faster as the resistance is lower. Flashers going too fast are a dead giveaway that you have a bulb gone. The other side will still work normally. If your 4-way flasher unit is blown then often none of the indicators will work. Sometimes one side will work. This is caused by Lucas Prince of Darkness who makes sure you never know exactly what causes what to happen. It adds to the excitement.

If a brake light bulb has gone, the other will still work. If the fuse has blown, neither will work as there is only one fuse.

If an indicator bulb has blown the others on the same side will work but much faster as the resistance is lower. Flashers going too fast are a dead giveaway that you have a bulb gone. The other side will still work normally. If your 4-way flasher unit is blown then often none of the indicators will work. Sometimes one side will work. This is caused by Lucas Prince of Darkness who makes sure you never know exactly what causes what to happen. It adds to the excitement.

I'm going to buy some replacement bulbs today and see if they are working (i have'nt had a proper look, but i am asuming there is only one way to fit these 21W/5W bulbs). The fuse isn't blown, but i'll give the connectors a little sanding to rectify any problems in the fuse box.

I noticed that there is an electrical towing connector too, is it likely this is causing problems - perhaps its wet? Is there an easy way of removing this entirely - without having to cut it off? (i'll never be towing anything with 90)

Well, popped to the local auto-mart...bought some replacement bulbs..stuck them in and now all working....not sure why it didn't work with only 1 good bulb...but don't care (i'll just buy in 2's from now).