Raid Bleu

Roel J

Hi guys,

Anyone of U (YOU) already taken part in this Raid, which is non competitive.

Is around end of October each year and takes place in the Cevennes region in middle of France.

I was wondering how technical the routes are, because you have to ride 200 kms + each day

and there are some trials and technical sectiosn thrown in for some good measure.

So let your experiences, good and bad, be heard!

Thanks,

Roel

Belgium

Hello,

Are you sure it is the Raid Bleu in the Cevennes area ???

as you have the Raid Bleu in the Beaujolais area (vinyards just North of Lyon) early november and the trophee Cevenol (in the Cevennes at spring time).

I'm VERY against the Raid bleu....

throwing over 250 vehicles (4x4, quad, bike) on the small tracks on this area is the best way to have people hating us.

The raid itself is well organised (no question there), but:

- people keep the roadbooks and come back during the year without autorisation (lanes in a middle on a private vinyard are not always byways !)

- even if the villages mayors give there approval (good for the business), a lot of vinyard owners are really not happy about that. if it rains, it destroys their lanes

I can only talk about this one as I'm from Lyon and I've got vinyard owner friends who are affected every year by that...

only my 2p :angry:

@ Expat 69,

Well, didn't know that part of the story!

I saw a report in a mag, stating it was quite fun.

But can't you vineyard owners organise yourselves then by asking for other lanes to use?

In Belgium, when you shout hard enough, you can get the National being demolished to a snobbish NRR style show event...

Roel

But can't you vineyard owners organise yourselves then by asking for other lanes to use?

I've got friend who owns vinyard.. I live in London...

The trouble is that sometimes the owners are no aware of the event until the day they see the convoy crossing their lanes....

The event is quite good fun for the people doing it... it is well organised for the participants...

I'm just concerned about the other side of the coin...