Cold start Problems

whoisashley

Hi my V8 Classic refuses to run smoothly until warmed up <_< . Before, this was not too bad but now if i walk away for to long she stalls. Is it possible to adjust the automatic choke as i thing it isn't opening up enough when first started, or is it something else? :blink:

I'll guess flapper then ?

Prob the Extra Air Valve, its the thing on the front of the inlet manifold next to the thermostat thingy :)

Have a habit of dying, they can be obtained sh cheap cheap cgheap, I haven't got one sorry, think they are hideously silly spendy new :blink: so ask on classifieds here ?

I assume that once warmed up all OK, if not then suspect CTS

HTH

Nige

I'll guess flapper then ?

Prob the Extra Air Valve, its the thing on the front of the inlet manifold next to the thermostat thingy :)

Have a habit of dying, they can be obtained sh cheap cheap cgheap, I haven't got one sorry, think they are hideously silly spendy new :blink: so ask on classifieds here ?

I assume that once warmed up all OK, if not then suspect CTS

HTH

Nige

Brilliant thanks for that :D

Just wait till you try to get the plug off / remove the 2x bolts holding it :lol:

Thats should remove any happiness :)

Bit of a PITFA type jobbie

Nige

My mate and I have a Rangie (1987 3.5EFI auto) that does exactly the same. Tried a new (second hand extra air valve - your right, it is a pain in the a£$e) and it didn't make any difference. :( .

Been asking all over the place (only just found this place :rolleyes: ) and the latest is "try the M.A.F".

Any thoughts?

ps. sorry to hijack the thread :rolleyes:

My mate and I have a Rangie (1987 3.5EFI auto) that does exactly the same. Tried a new (second hand extra air valve - your right, it is a pain in the a£$e) and it didn't make any difference. :( .

Been asking all over the place (only just found this place :rolleyes: ) and the latest is "try the M.A.F".

Any thoughts?

ps. sorry to hijack the thread :rolleyes:

MAF ????? :blink:

Do you mean Manifold air Temp Sensor - Erm - isn't one :LOL;

Or Air Flow Meter ?...in which case yes possibly.... but when these go wrong often the whole rev range misbehaves and coughs and gurgles

CTS - coolant temp sensors can also cause misfires poor running / rich running

However for start up the EAV often being just a basic bimetal strip get glued up with carbon deposits and muck, a new one often sorts it out :)

Nige