Land Rover News

reads90

Ok this was posted by Big Jon n AULRO who is a dealer in Alice Springs

Hot of the press news for Land Rover

A: TDV6 is being stretched from 2.7 litres to 3 litres (I already knew this).

B: TDV8 is being stretched from 3.6 litres to 4 litres (should be very grunty! ).

C: There is a new long wheel base 7 seat Freelander coming.

D: There is a 3 door Freelander platformed mini Range Rover coming - a sporty model (I think there are pics of a concept car somewhere).

E: In 2012 the Defender body will be widened by around 6 inches and Disco II type axles slung underneath (wider track). That should help address some of the concerns regarding interior space

Ok this was posted by Big Jon n AULRO who is a dealer in Alice Springs

Hot of the press news for Land Rover

A: TDV6 is being stretched from 2.7 litres to 3 litres (I already knew this).

B: TDV8 is being stretched from 3.6 litres to 4 litres (should be very grunty! ).

C: There is a new long wheel base 7 seat Freelander coming.

D: There is a 3 door Freelander platformed mini Range Rover coming - a sporty model (I think there are pics of a concept car somewhere).

E: In 2012 the Defender body will be widened by around 6 inches and Disco II type axles slung underneath (wider track). That should help address some of the concerns regarding interior space

Sounds like alot of rumours! interesting with the defender though - but from what i hear its going to need a massive redesign in 2012 if its to remain suitable for the european market. hopefully they could put a TDV8 in it while they are at it! But dread to think what fuel will cost then....

Sounds like alot of rumours! interesting with the defender though - but from what i hear its going to need a massive redesign in 2012 if its to remain suitable for the european market. hopefully they could put a TDV8 in it while they are at it! But dread to think what fuel will cost then....

Well "apartently " this is direct from Land Rover ;)

And yeah by 2012 diesel might be up to a £1 a ltr :angry:

...and at the same time making it impossible to pass many width restrictors and making the majority of narrow lanes and forest tracks impassable! :(:blink::unsure:

I for one want a Defender not a bloomin' cut down Hummer!!!

Steve