Sunroof workings ?

teabag

I trying to find how the mechanical operation of the sunroof works but there's not much on this subject on the webb (loads on leaks in sunroofs).

Mine's electric so I press the button the motor go's around and the glass opens up to a tilt, press the button again it sildes back to the fully open postion, so how does it do that? what are the gubbins in the sunroof to do all of that.

Why do I want to know? Well when I was cleaning the glass (something to do) I notice that there was a bit of mis-algnment of the glass and there was a bit more of the seal showing at the front corner so I opened the roof fully and thinking the 4 glass screws were lose I tapped the glass, it moved slightly so when I tapped again then there was a crack sound it was not the glass but I later found out with the aid of a small mirror that a plastic roller mounting has broken of the arm that runs in the track and which the glass is attached to. The nylon roller is just laying in the track there's still a roller left on the arm there should be two.

Now the sunroof only opens to the tilt but no more, the non-damaged side wants to go but is held back by the broken side which seems locked.. Other than the broken pully have I pushed the glass off the end of the track also?.

Thanks in advance for helping me try and understand a dark subject for me which may solve my prob.