Warn 8274 In Cab Control Switches

Ian M

right i have my in cab switch and wires down to the solenoid, ive gathered that the earths on the solenoids are switched? on my loom from the cab i have 3 wires, one for live, one for in, one for out, the switch is earthed in the cab, do i need to link all the solenoid earths to earth?

ive done a quick search but no luck!

You are quite right, Wran do switch the earth and the live at the same time.

open your solenoid pack, and you will see a brown wire looping to all for solenoids, connect an earth from the bottom of the motor (you can use the red wire as this will is now no longer required) to this brown wire and all your troubles will be over.

White is 12v feed and green and balck are your switching wires, the red was earth supply to the switch and brown was earth supply from the switch (After your mod they both become permant earth).

Hope that helps

Jim

You are quite right, Wran do switch the earth and the live at the same time.

open your solenoid pack, and you will see a brown wire looping to all for solenoids, connect an earth from the bottom of the motor (you can use the red wire as this will is now no longer required) to this brown wire and all your troubles will be over.

White is 12v feed and green and balck are your switching wires, the red was earth supply to the switch and brown was earth supply from the switch (After your mod they both become permant earth).

Hope that helps

Jim

thats what i thought , but didnt want to do any damage to the solnoids,so i thought id check first! ;)

Thanks mate