cd multichangers

Badger_1

Can anyone tell me when the cd multichangers were introduced and on which early models they were fitted as standard.

Also were they some attempt to turn the carp radio cassette players into cd players. Wouldnt it have been cheaper to just replace the radios with cd players?

Bit puzzled as to the mentality behind this one am I missing something?

I have an 04 reg TD4 SE model with the complete autochanger built into the centre console (I didn't realise it was an autochanger until I put a CD in and it asked for another one!). However I understand that some models have the changer unit under the front passenger seat.

But do you really want to spend money on a technology that's going out rapidly (ie CDs)? You might be better off getting an MP3 player and FM transmitter unit from Tesco and have a lot more music on it than 6 CDs.

My 2000 yr Freelander has a cassette deck/radio in the dash and the CD player under the passenger seat.

Only thing missing is the steering wheel controls, unfortunately.

Hi ,

My Sandbag had on of the first 3dr 1.8XEi H/B in Somerset back in '98 and I fitted the CD changer under the seat. The XEi was "top of the range" when Feelander was launched so it certainly wasn't a standard item then.

Scrumps