Belly Cover

The Bursis

Owner of Freelander TDi Diesel, some kind person!!!! decided to shear off front end of exhaust containing catalitic converter £700 later, :angry: anybody any ideas to prevent this happening again, ie some kind of cover using security bolts and where we could purchase.

I'm from UK, however I bought recently a LRO Intl magazine (http://www.lro.com ) and I found a lot of manufacturers of various "belly shields" advertising there... you should buy a magazine, I guess, then you'll have plenty of choices

This is becoming all too common these days. Generic thieving scum go round cutting the cats off cars to weigh them in for the scrap value (lots of cash for a cat converter due to the high levels of precious metals within), leaving the owner with a big bill for a replacement system.

pity the exhaust can't be energised when you turn the ignition off to give them a good jolt if it gets touched

I'm NOT from UK, obviously

It would be even more obvious if you filled in your location on your profile... :rolleyes:

On a 1.8, the cat is part of the manifold, and they would have to work hard to get it out. I guess it is further back on a diesel?

post-312-1204138627_thumb.jpgpost-312-1204138588_thumb.jpgpost-312-1204138602_thumb.jpg

Owner of Freelander TDi Diesel, some kind person!!!! decided to shear off front end of exhaust containing catalitic converter £700 later, :angry: anybody any ideas to prevent this happening again, ie some kind of cover using security bolts and where we could purchase.

Oh bugger

my Ex Dakar freelander racer had a full belly protection guard but its a lot of work to go to to protect it.

but I'm selling a Camel belly guard that protects the whole engine bay from below and even a pikey would struggle to get to the cat once fitted. the LR dealer hated it when it came to service time.