New Defender´s suspension

Mack

Hello:

New in this forum. The local LR dealer told me that new 110" Defenders have a different type of spring coils in the rear (not the same the Td5 had). Anybody knows the part number or spring rate?

Mines are: front left: white/white, front right: yellow/yellow, rear left: white and rear right:green.

thanks

mch

The 07 110 part numbers are:

RKB500300 for the rear (non-heavy duty suspension) and are brown/purple.

NRC8044 for front driver (non-heavy duty) and are white

NRC8045 for front passenger (non-heavy duty) and are yellow

These are different to the TD5 ones

Depends whether the TD5 has self-levelling suspension (the later ones don't). Depends on VIN but later ones without SLS, should be brown/purple RKB101111

Are you saying yours is a Td5 or TDCi?

Thanks Alantd:

mine is a TDCi (Puma), but I do not have those colours...... at the rear I have green at right and white at left. Weird.

I hope these are not HD. It is quite stiff though.

regards

M

The 07 110 part numbers are:

RKB500300 for the rear (non-heavy duty suspension) and are brown/purple.

NRC8044 for front driver (non-heavy duty) and are white

NRC8045 for front passenger (non-heavy duty) and are yellow

These are different to the TD5 ones

Depends whether the TD5 has self-levelling suspension (the later ones don't). Depends on VIN but later ones without SLS, should be brown/purple RKB101111

Are you saying yours is a Td5 or TDCi?

Not sure. I was washing out the dust and wax from the springs and they have some quite small green-green-white paint marks on just one coil each. This code is not showing up in any spec posted around the web. I guess I´ll have to ring or write LR sometime.

thanks

M

I think the HD setup has 2 sets of springs - an inner set and an outer set.

Mack

Where are you based? More importantly is your Puma RHD or LHD?

Your fronts are the right colour but the wrong way round IMHO. Should be Yellow = passenger and White = Driver

As for the rear, not sure of a setup that had green or white - the standard self levelling suspension setup (for older models) has green/white on passenger's and blue on driver's. That's as close as it got.

I don't think the flecks of paint you found can be related to the part numbers.

This is a LHD so they go the other way around. You are probably right about those flecks. It would be nice if you could have a look to your back springs one day.

regards

M

Mack

Where are you based? More importantly is your Puma RHD or LHD?

Your fronts are the right colour but the wrong way round IMHO. Should be Yellow = passenger and White = Driver

As for the rear, not sure of a setup that had green or white - the standard self levelling suspension setup (for older models) has green/white on passenger's and blue on driver's. That's as close as it got.

I don't think the flecks of paint you found can be related to the part numbers.

Will do - tried to remember last night but only remembered this morning after I'd left the Landy.

Makes sense that yours is a LHD then.

Incidentally, where on your springs did you find these markings - was it in the same place front and back?

That´s allright. Both springs have the marks at around 1-2 o`clock (looking from behind and on top) You will have to crawl. The marks are on the 3rd or 4th coil form top to bottom and they are not easy to spot since they are covered with wax and dust,,,,

M

• 2 weeks later...

Had a good poke around. Not obvious as everything is covered in mud and oil. I couldn't find any discernable markings on my off-side rear but the near-side seems only to have a nice white splodge on it. No green to be seen and no brown/purple anywhere (apart from the bruise where I clonked my head on the runners crawling out).

I looked on my microcat which has the 2.4 listed, and it still shows brown/purple springs, no mention of other colours.

Agreed. However, it isn't obvious where they've marked them then. Only obvious marking on mine is a white splodge.

Agreed. However, it isn't obvious where they've marked them then. Only obvious marking on mine is a white splodge.

I cleaned up both springs thoroughly and around. I just see my green/white marks. No purple, like in the 130". Do you know guys if the OE springs have the part number stamped somewhere?

I think I do not need any special tool to take the rear springs? right

M

Good point. At least he knows what he has under. What strikes me is that 90" and 130"s have nice clear colour codes, but not the 110" with weak flecks. Looks like LR was regreting to paint them at that point.