Mounting 3 point inertia reel in middle seat in series 3?

Hi

Vehicle in question is a series 3 109, my sisters using it as a camper and has 2 small kids so ideally want to fit them all in the front seats (def type), the older child can go in the centre seat as she just needs a booster seat, the other one is in a car seat still. Question is this, I'm perfectly happy mounting all the seatbelts and making suitable anchors for the extra 3 point in the middle except I was wondering about the shoulder mount for the middle seat...

Current plan is some sort of capping mount roll hoop (like the military one IIRC??) that I can then weld a bracket on? what does the panel think? I know they dont mount to the chassis but it would still be as strong/stronger than the existing shoulder mounts that just fit to the van sides/roof?

Any thoughts? Havent got time to make it myself, unfortunately havent got vast caves full of treasure to pay for it either!

Mike

hi

yeah i looked closely at his write up, I'm not desperately keen to drill holes in the roof as I have one of the extremely rare non leaky series roofs! I also like the idea of a hoop as it will also confer some roll over protection (before anyone starts i know they arent as good as a proper one) because the back is being converted to a camper the hoop will also form a good base for building in some custom storage I have planned

thanks

mike