RRC Steering Guard

steve_d

Am looking for a RRC Steering Guard and of course there are dozens of designs out there.

What none of them indicate is anything specific for a 2" lift.

The way I see it is that now I have a 2" lift the guard will need to be going on 2" deeper than a standard one or am I missing something?

Can anyone answer the 2" lift issue then recommend a value for money guard?

Many thanks.

Steve

If the 2" lift is via longer springs then it makes no difference as the guard connects to the chassis mounting holes

If its a body lift it could make a difference

Try 'Southdown 4x4' - qulaity made products for decent £s IMHO

Blingyest and most beautifull - go for 'Equipe' but very ££ spendy :lol:

Nige

If the 2" lift is via longer springs then it makes no difference as the guard connects to the chassis mounting holes........

Nige

This is what I was thinking about. If the guard is mounted to the chassis then all the gear I need to protect (apart from the steering box) are now 2" lower than a standard setup so not as well protected.

Steve

This is what I was thinking about. If the guard is mounted to the chassis then all the gear I need to protect (apart from the steering box) are now 2" lower than a standard setup so not as well protected.

Steve

The ones i make work on trucks with 2" spring lifts just fine,panhard/steering bars are linked to chassis so move up with it so they are still protected,Hope this makes sense,

post-5185-1205004550_thumb.jpg