200tdi Discovery engine chassis mounts

Hi Guys,

As you may have gathered i am embarking on a discovery 200tdi/LT77/R380 transplant.

I plan to use the 200 discovery engine mounts, as opposed to the usual 90/110 4cyl mounts. I realise that the 4cyl would be easier but i am hoping that by using the discovery mounts it would reduce vibration!

Any one got access to a discovery chassis with no engine so as to take a pic?

Les seems to think that the 200 mounts are slightly different to 300. Maybe i could go the whole hog and fit 300 engine mounts?

Maybe i should add a link to the discovery or wanted forum. How do i do that??

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Disco 200Tdi mounts & Defender 300Tdi mounts are completly different, I don't think you'd notice any less vibration by using the Disco mounts,

use the esixting mounts & not worry about altering the chassis welded on part of the mount.

just add a post into the wanted forum like you have here

multi posting in 2 or more forums is frowned upon, so please don't :D

Disco 200Tdi mounts & Defender 300Tdi mounts are completly different, I don't think you'd notice any less vibration by using the Disco mounts,

use the esixting mounts & not worry about altering the chassis welded on part of the mount.

just add a post into the wanted forum like you have here

multi posting in 2 or more forums is frowned upon, so please don't :D

Hi,

I take your point. My chassis is galvanised also.

But on idle the engine, on 4cyl mounts, vibration is a bit hard to bear.

I am removing a V8 on an auto box. Do you think that i could use the original V8 engine mounts? I know that there are a few positions that the 4cyl engine mounts could be bolted on to the 200 engine.

If not, i would probably have to move/remove them anyways.

Your thoughts,

Thanks.

Hi Monster

I fitted my 200 engine using discovery mounts, there should be pics on my write up on here some where.

I cut the old brackets off the disco chassis but they would be simple to make.

Im not sure how much vibration they cut down as I have V8 mounts on the gear box but they do make engine removal a simple opperation.