Discovery Storage

Bigwood

This may be an old topic but I am shure I have seen some pictures of a Discovery rear door with storage pockets on the inside. I had toyed with idea of nets but I want to put my ready to use recovery gear, ie , strop, shackles , gloves ect in there. I have already replaced the side pockets with ally pannels but I usualy find the things I need most end up at the bottom. :unsure: Any ideas welcome. :unsure:

Mine are the standard Door pockets. Not sure they were all fitted with them, but I just attached them the same way they were attached to the original door card:

gallery_92_191_71069.jpg

They are really good, but I am thinking about changing them for something slightly more robust, since I have managed to crack these when the door has closed on me...

used to have some from mobile storage systems - took loads of stuff and held up for years. only thing i did wrong in initial fitting was to use small rivets - self tapping bolts with a decent flange into the chequer plate instead worked soooo much better!

used to have some from mobile storage systems - took loads of stuff and held up for years. only thing i did wrong in initial fitting was to use small rivets - self tapping bolts with a decent flange into the chequer plate instead worked soooo much better!

Thanks for the picture, that will give me a start. I had a look on flee bay but none turned up. I have a metal basher at work that will make me the boxes. I just needed some idea of size and fixing points. :D

One of the design criteria for project Jay the Discovery was lots of storage space and on this count i think they did quite well.......but if you must carry heavy tackle, i suggest a "dog guard" screen aft of the back seats, you can fasten a lot of heavy sh*t to that guard.. :)

One of the design criteria for project Jay the Discovery was lots of storage space and on this count i think they did quite well.......but if you must carry heavy tackle, i suggest a "dog guard" screen aft of the back seats, you can fasten a lot of heavy sh*t to that guard.. :)

I already know the trick with the dog gaurd, it looks untidy and my thinking being if it can be seen it will be knicked. I have fitted a roller blind to cover the load area for this reason . As I am in work this weekend looking after the buses :P I am going on a look see in the body shop , there was some thick ally sheet in there. Plus I have found a Rivnut tool in our tool store. The one in the picky was fastened to the rear door with bolts hence the rivnuts. Funny you cant find things when you want them, some one took the pictures, maybe another web site :unsure: .